Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Little Dress

I did it! I actually was able to follow the instructions on a pattern and made this cute dress below. I've only ever attempted to make a skirt once in the last 10+ years. That skirt was never worn. : ) I can't wait for Aubrey to wear this dress. It's actually for part of her Halloween costume, but you'll all just have to wait to see it on her with the complete ensemble. I was so stressed about doing the zipper. This was a first for me as well. (I called my Mom a few times during the process.) I think it turned out pretty great. I probably should have moved it up an inch, but I just put in a clasp at the neckline to keep it closed.

10 comments:

Lettie B. said...

Super cute, Lisa! I agree - zippers are hard to put in -at least to make them look nice anyway...and line up right!

Deon said...

Very cute! You did great. A little idea - save the remnants of those things you make for her. Then when she grows up, you can make her a quilt out of the scraps. That is what I am making now, and I am so grateful that I saved them!

Lisa said...

Great idea Deon! I'm so glad you mentioned it because I would have just thrown out the scraps.

Mily said...

Turned out way cute! I can't wait to see her halloween costume! You did a great job!

Deon said...

You are welcome! We will see if this one turns out - I will let you know!!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

good job loosoo! i think bows will be about the extent of my talents, so we'll have to do them together sometime.

Melanie said...

Lisa, your work is beautiful!!! How do you find the time to make SOOOO many things? And with 2 1/2 kids? Wow, I'm impressed

Aaron and Melissa said...

Great job Lisa...I am impressed. I can't wait to see it on Aubrey!

Starley Family said...

Wow you've been busy girl! Can't wait to see more adorable stuff!

dan and audrey said...

isn't it easy! you did a great job, it is so stinkin cute! i have a little zipper trick, I will shoot you an email so this comment isn't so long. i bet she looks so cute in it! :)