Sunday, July 4, 2010

Baby Blake's Blanket

This is the finished product of baby #4's handmade blanket. I used a free pattern from Joann's online projects found here. It was fun to pick out the different fabrics and colors. The instructions or at least the fabric requirements were completely off for the backing fabric. It says it needs 4 yards of fabric - so not true! I bought that much, but probably only used 2 yards. I ended up making a crib sheet with some of the extra.

 The funny thing about this quilt is, I found a Carter's sleeper outfit that matches the backing fabric almost perfectly. Needless to say, this baby will be coming home from the hospital in it! I made the blanket the size for a toddler bed so that it will actually get use for a long time. I'm sure it will just sit on my rocking chair looking cute for awhile. I paid to have it quilted at a shop in Salt Lake. I've never done that before, but it was so inexpensive (only $34!) that it was definitely worth my money to not spend the time on it.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

That looks so great! So colorful and fun. I love the quilting, I would definitely have it done at the shop too!

The Huff Family said...

Great job Lisa!!! I love the pattern and fabric. The quilting also looks very nice. I finally finished Sydney's quilt. I just need to put the buttons on and then I will send you a picture.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

SOOO cute!! Are you naming your boy Blake??? I LOVE that name. If we ever have a boy that's one of my top 2...maybe someday there will be TWO Blake Calderwoods!!! :) You are so talented!!!

Amber said...

Lisa, the quilt turned out so cute. Baby Blake will be one styling kid. Hope everything goes well for you guys today.