Thursday, December 18, 2008

Baby Boy Quilt

I completed baby boy's animal blanket today. I'm so excited for it. I did a post awhile back about deciding to make it and now it's finally done! I guess having a deadline (not necessarily when baby comes out) helped me to finish it. That and a LOT of extra time in the car. I used my sewing machine to piece the quilt together and then hand quilted it during our long drives to and from Utah. I've only ever machine quilted before and this definitely took longer, but with the smaller pieces and the time I had on my hands, I'm glad I took the opportunity to do it by hand. The only down side is that by the time I got to the binding, I was so sick of my needle and thread! I think I actually did my best job ever with the binding, but am not planning on making another quilt for some time. My fingers need a rest.
Next on my project list is to make myself a hooter hider and finish up another Super Saturday craft. Those will just have to wait a little while though. I've got to start packing up my craft corner. : )

1 comment:

Dan & Heather Pelfrey said...

I love it! It turned out so cute!